Friday, June 25

Height of bureaucratic nonsense

I saw this letter in this week’s economist from a gentleman called as Kenneth Hill. Never you mind about the contents of the letter, but in case you must, it related to child mortality data. This gentleman was writing on behalf of the:

 

MEMBERS OF THE

TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUP

THAT PROVIDES METHODOLOGICAL ADVICE

TO THE INTER-AGENCY GROUP

(OF UNITED NATIONS AGENCIES)

ON MORTALITY ESTIMATION.

We function independently of the agencies themselves.

 

Do you see what made me go wtf? This is bureaucratic nonsense piled on top of another one and and and. Why cant this be done out of one agency? but no, they need to have an independent agency to link other agencies. And then they need another group to tell this inter agency group what to do? and not just simple do, its advice on the method!

The mind boggles, this is what our tax dollars are going to? Sometimes makes me wonder what these world is coming to. Why dont we stop funding these frankly bureaucratic parasites from proliferating like mad?

Look at the problem, I as an ordinary citizen, do not understand why this group exists or why I am paying for this man’s salary, expenses or honorariums. I mean, I can understand what it does in English language, but why? We dont really have that much money to spare. If we shut this down I am sure we can use this money to save 100 kids from an early death.

This is why I never give money in terms of charity to these multi national boondoggles. In any case, my government pays up to 0.7% of its GDP on my behalf in aid. Without asking me. Which means its not charity, its forced contributions. Plus to think that my hard earned money is going on these useless gits just irritates the hell out of me. Pay your charity if you will to a local charity where you can see where the money is going, not to these utterly useless make-work jobsworth pencil pushing time wasting carbuncles on the body politic bureaucrats

No comments: