Wednesday, June 3

Perils of bad punctuation

This was the story. I quote:

Man badly beaten for confronting 'vandals'

A man who challenged a gang of alleged teenage vandals received horrific injuries after stepping in, a graphic photograph shows.

 

Not a problem, but the reason it caught my eye was that I was reading on my Google reader and this is what it showed:

 

Man badly beaten for confronting 'vandals'

from Telegraph News | All News

A man who challenged a gang of alleged teenage vandals received horrific injuries after stepping in a graphic photograph shows.

 

chuckle

if you miss a comma, the whole sentence goes awry…I wouldn't like to step into a graphic photograph either if the result is this:

My sister frequently does this to me when I make punctuation/grammar mistakes, mind you…

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: