A great list of things to live by if you are a manager.
- Coach privately and constructively;
- Praise publicly and generously;
- Always maintains a positive attitude – never lose your cool;
- Actively foster a creative and fun work environment;
- Listen sincerely, speak thoughtfully;
- Hire great people and focus on developing them;
- Care about every employee’s career;
- Be quick to take blame if something goes wrong, but credit others when things go well;
- Never gossip or complain about a manager or co-worker; and,
- Try to treat every employee with respect.
And I would add one more, don't be an ass.