Friday, May 4

When it happens in Africa

This was pretty powerful.

I was reminded of this article by Manu Joseph, which is frankly stupid. The broad generalisations immediately make it clear that the man does not have the intellect to understand the subtleties of life and the fact that he was unable to understand that western families look after their kids just as much means that he is ignorant. But we aren't here to talk about Manu Joseph’s stupid article, NYT seems to publish any odd sod crap from India these days.

But leave that aside for the moment. Look at the list above, pretty clear, no? When it happens in the UK or USA, then its fine, but when it goes into Africa or even Asia, then it has a different perspective. I know there are exceptions, and then there is the ideological difference, for example the last one is a classic left/right argument.

But the irony is so thick I could use it to butter my bread. Which reminds me, I have to go eat my muesli.

No comments: