When I read this entire report, it really scared the bejesus out of me. It happens every year. Some highlights
1. 48% have never saved for retirement. Never. Ever!
2. 43% of respondents would be more likely to prioritise saving for a holiday over saving for retirement. WTF? who will then pay for your retirement? the government? hahahahaha, the non-existent children given the falling birth rate? or the children who will be too busy paying off your debt that you have increased like an idiot?
3. 56% say they are not preparing adequately or at all for a comfortable retirement. No shit sherlock…
4. 52% of people are not regular savers. Holy moly…then? where do you think the money is going to come from?
5. 24% of their retirement income to come from the state. hahahahahahahahahah
sighs, this is so extraordinary and frightening that one cannot really think straight. This is such a wide spread issue..the survey was carried out globally in 15 countries with about 15000 people. HOLY COW!!!