Monday, July 29

The best graph in the world

Minard[1]

That graph, son, is one of the greatest pieces of graphic design or brevity known to man. In a 2d imagery, Charles Joseph Minard has managed to cram in so much information that its ridiculously brilliant.

One of my problems is how can I get my salespeople to absorb a giant amount of information in a very limited time and actually do something about it which will help my clients and compete against other salespeople. It's a constant battle against suppliers who think that more is good versus sales people who are constitutionally unable to absorb any more than 3 things at one time. Which is good, I want them to sell, not spend time on data.

Fascinating, I am spending quite a lot of time thinking about data visualisation these days..

Love

Baba

No comments: