Sunday, November 8

Happy birthday Choti - how to be happy :)

Sorry about the delayed email, Choti. I wrote this part way and then got occupied with my review and finishing the chapters. Anyway, so here’s wishing you the most wonderful birthday, Choti.

 

I keep seeing the timehop photos and see you growing up from that cute chubby happy girl to the lovely poised beautiful young lady you have become. And I want to squish you till you squeak! J We are so happy with what you have become, Choti. You have even started to cook. I had given up hope of you making meals, but I am quite impressed, you are cooking well. I wonder if you do that in animal kingdom? Cook? Can you?

 

I don’t know. Maybe when I am up in London, you can show me how to play animal crossing and then we can have a fun time. Shall we have mamma to help dress up my island? I can just imagine Mamma snorting and telling me to go away as she has too much work to do.

 

Anyway, I think I have talked about this before. The Dalai Lama, one of the most amazing people on this world, basically said that my religion is kindness. That’s what I wanted to speak about. I had shared the Emerson quote with you about what is success,

 

“What is success?
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate the beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch Or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!”


― 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

But the Dalai Lama said it differently. He said, my religion is very simple, my religion is kindness. You are a happy girl and may you be happy all your life, darling. He wrote more about this here: https://www.dalailama.com/messages/compassion-and-human-values/compassion

 

It’s a lovely article and worth reading it. I keep on telling you to get into charity a bit, it really changes your life, love.

 

Anyway, much to do and get on with things. Cant wait to see you next month.

 

Love you

 

Baba

 

 

No comments: