Saturday, January 17

I dont like the idea of there being no God

There is a small skirmish in a remote corner of the world, where people are fighting over whether or not there is a God. Typically, it is in England, where a bunch of chaps have raised sufficient money to put advertisements on buses and tube trains claiming that there is no God. So you can drink, enjoy and be merry without worrying about what an old man sitting in heaven somewhere thinks of you. Atheism.

But typically, we now have the situation that a bus driver did not like driving a bus with that advertisement. Here are some more examples of people being spectacularly stupid and confusing the line between public provision and private beliefs:

  • I refuse to drive the bus because I do not like Blacks/Asians/Vietnamese on my bus
  • I refuse to drive the bus because I do not like men wearing skirts on my bus
  • I refuse to drive the bus because I do not like women breastfeeding on the bus
  • I refuse to drive the bus because it conflicts with my prayer times
  • I refuse to drive the bus because I hate internal combustion engines and they ruin the atmosphere
  • I refuse to drive the bus because I do not like gays on my bus.
  • I refuse to drive a bus after dark because my mother told me not to stay out after dark
  • I refuse to drive a bus because I do not like the uniform.

Here's a link to a video to the offending situation. What a joke.

No comments: