1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Pretty simplistic but then, why make things complex when things can be made simple? Have an Occam’s Razor.
I was thinking about this when hearing about the riots and how the spending cuts helped it and how poverty is driving people to riot and break into JD Sports to nick a pair of sneakers or throw a brick into Carphone Warehouse to steal a mobile. Yep, that’s what poor people do, riot.