the lessons learnt are golden, project managers should print this off and stick it on the wall in front of their desks.
1. Stuck to the schedule, even after the merger
2. Resisted changes to the project’s scope
3. Broke the project into discrete modules
4. Assembled the right team, including It experts from both companies, outside experts, and vendors
5. Prevented turnover among team members
6. Framed the initiative as a business endeavor, not a technical one
7. Focused on a single target, “readiness to go live,” measuring every activity