You two are just part bong. So these might not apply to you. You'll also miss a very large amount of cultural references. But given that you have a Bengali family name will mean that you've got to be prepared for potential questions and behavioural expectations emerging from you being a bong. I didn't marry a bong either but I can see the sense in several points given below :)
Some funnies for the morning read.
50 reasons a Bong girl will not marry you
I have been asked times and again if marrying a bong girl is a good idea. Yet Others have declared they are genuinely scared of marrying one given how fiery they are. The implication always has been that the choice of whether or not you should marry a bong girl is yours. It isn’t really. Bong girls don’t make anyone make choices for them and gives as much importance to your opinion as to her pet cat maybe less. So before you ask a bong girl’s hand in marriage, know all the reasons why she will not marry you
- She is too hot for you – all that kancha lanka and the sorsher tel. She is hot and fiery and most men pale in comparison
- You don’t compare to her father – Know the father was one of the rare men who could convince a bong woman to marry him. So he is a dude. And you may not just measure up
- You think slower than she speaks – A bong girl beats any Chennai express hollow. You will be left fishing for words or thoughts
- You failed the fish market test – Every bong girl or atleast your bong in laws will make you undergo the fish market test. Stand an hour in a fish market without fainting. Did you survive? No? Side please
- You have the musical talent of a WWF wrestler – Your musical talent is almost close to zero. You cannot even feign playing a guitar. No you cannot get tied to her strings.
- You look like a WWF wrestler – beefy and muscular? The bong girl will conclude you have muscles in your head. Hide the muscles if you have to impress her