Wednesday, May 13

Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects!

Kids

This was a nice course. A friend of mine recommended it highly.  Learning about learning. This was very interesting and opened my eyes on so many things. I think I've collected so many bad habits over the past few decades so this course managed to clear my head on several things on how to fix the learning process and do better. 

Some of the underlying theory helped to nail the process down more. Specially about the memory and procrastination. That's one of my biggest failings. I tend to put off things. Not good. In my list of projects, there are at least 60 projects. In my list of places to visit are about 400 places. Not to mention the books I've got to read. People to meet. And and and. And then I procrastinate sitting on the couch and watch storage wars or pawn stars. Well I suppose that appeals to my hoarder problem :) do you think I need some psychological help or a course to address that hoarding problem? :) 

But the advice was very good. To avoid procrastination, work on the process. Not the product. As it's the product which causes the pain. So yes. I need to work on this problem I have, specially if I'm going to dip my toes in the field of history. Totally new subject. 

Son, if you get a chance do finish the course. It will help you directly with your current studies. It's worth it son. About 4 hours in total. Huge benefit. 

And Diya you might be a bit too young to do this but I have this sneaky feeling that you're smart enough to make a bash at it. And Diya, I loved discussing politics with you yesterday :) I was very impressed by your grasp of the current political environment and your questions. 

Happy learning kids

Baba

Begin forwarded message:

From: Coursera <noreply@coursera.org>
Date: 11 May 2015 20:32:19 BST
To: Bhaskar Dasgupta <bdasgupta@gmail.com>
Subject: Congratulations on completing Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Bhaskar Dasgupta, congratulations on completing Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects!

Showcase your new knowledge with a co-branded certificate on your resume and LinkedIn profile.

Verified Certificate

No comments: