Tuesday, August 14

circular logic or let me go bash my head out on the nearest wall

I am trying to get my password reset on my ISP email address as I have been locked out of it. So I email, call, and call and call customer support. Finally after 3 weeks, manage to get a lady who sounds a bit smart today. She said, well, the second line support people have emailed the reset password to you. Not really willing to admit that such a crucial piece of my life is dependent upon these near Darwin Award winners, I clarified, which email account have you used to email me? Pat came the answer, your bulldog account email. I fell silent wondering which insult to use? when the lady (did I mention that she sounded a bit smart?) exclaimed, ooooo, I seee!!!, not very smart of them, is it? I went, no, i dont think it is very smart while biting my tongue.

So to cut a long story short, i have to wait for a written notification as their systems cannot handle another email account and their security policies forbid them from giving me the email password over the phone. Circular logic?


All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: