Sunday, January 6

Cartoons and the Fundamentalist Hindu!

Yesterday night, this cartoon came across my in-box.

Besides the fact that the cartoonist does not know Hinduism from a hole in the ground, I am sure people are going to leap on top of this. Some idiot somewhere is going to get offended by a cartoon. (See my previous essay on rage boys!). I just hope people have a sense of humour and just laugh at the ignorance. And it is freedom of speech!, let the cartoonist be.

But then, the joke is unfortunately on the Republicans and American People. The fact that Mike Huckabee and Barack Obama seem to be in the lead in the US Presidential Race is a direct indictment that the great nation of USA is now facing a choice between an amiable silly sod with stupid economic policies and a vague man whose political and economic policies frankly scare the crap out of me. I thought that we will get somebody good after the Dubya disaster, but no such luck, I am afraid. Still, lets hope and see what happens.

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: