Wednesday, October 7

Hit the Reset Button in Your Brain

Do you remember the course kannu about learning to learn? This advice echoes what was said in the course. Take naps. Take breaks. Go for walks. Break out of the normal. Think of weirdass things while you're exercising. At work, I've setup my email so that I get them 10 minutes late. And never pick up the phone. That allows me to dictate my response to external stimuli. Small way to control the waterfall of information but that pays huge dividends son. The knee jerk response which is always suboptimal is avoided and I get to build on instinct and do a bit of thinking before responding. 

And today I'm taking brownies into work. Let's see what they say :) 

And have you confirmed the BBQ for your friends? Date and time? I need to plan son. Let me know. 

Love

Baba



Hit the Reset Button in Your Brain
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/opinion/sunday/hit-the-reset-button-in-your-brain.html
(via Instapaper)


Matthieu Bourel 

THIS month, many Americans will take time off from work to go on vacation, catch up on household projects and simply be with family and friends. And many of us will feel guilty for doing so. We will worry about all of the emails piling up at work, and in many cases continue to compulsively check email during our precious time off.

But beware the false break. Make sure you have a real one. The summer vacation is more than a quaint tradition. Along with family time, mealtime and weekends, it is an important way that we can make the most of our beautiful brains.


No comments: