One of my friends sent me this link. This reminded me of the whole fight over privacy and the national identity card scheme in the UK. There is a huge hoo haa fight over this card. Well, I am not very worried about this at all, for the following reasons:
- it will take them 10 years to collect the data.
- then some ham fisted idiot is going to leave the laptop on a train
- a public inquiry will be launched
- another 3 years delay
- then they will hire IBM/EDS/Accenture/BT to build a hideously giant system to manage this.
- Spend 3 years to negotiate
- 2 years later, the suppliers will be back to ask for more money and it will fail.
- Then the Scottish National party will want a Scottish specific system
- Then the EU human rights court will get involved and the system will be delayed by another 7 years (like the VAT argument on food in France)
- Then the technology will change
See? nothing to worry about.