Saturday, June 13

God Like Project Managers

You must have seen this parable before.

One day a man was having a conversation with God when his whole life flashed before his eyes as a series of footsteps on the sands of time.
He saw that there were two pairs of footprints, but during the most difficult periods of his life there were only one set of footprints.

He asked God "You said you will be with me throughout this journey, but why have you deserted me during the most critical times of my life??".

God answered "Son, I did not desert you, I was always with you...you see only one set of footprints because during those difficult times in your life, I was carrying you in my hands"

I am usually neck deep in project managers and I am one myself. Well, I deliver change, broadly speaking :). So this take on the above parable appealed to me.

Another day I was having a similar conversation with my Project Manager (PM) when my whole project flashed before my eyes as a series of footsteps on the sands of time.

I saw that there were two pairs of footprints, but during the most difficult times in the project there were only one set of footprints.

I asked my PM "You said you will be with me throughout the project, but why have you deserted me during the most critical times of the project??"

PM answered "Dude, I did not desert you, I was always with you...you see only one set of footprints because during those difficult times, I was sitting on your head!!"

Poxy buggers are always on my head, lol. Well, I am also a nagging poxy bastards so many times, but there you go. Nice one. Although perhaps the humour might only translate to people who have either been project managers or have been sat on by one, lol. Never you mind! :)

No comments: