Friday, August 31

Two comments, one on CDO's and second on Microsoft Vista

1. Quote:
"You can’t polish a turd" One mucker's realistic appraisal of the CDO market

Very funny and amusing!

2. Microsoft has clearly launched a product that is full of bugs and some of us appear to be paying for the privilege of beta testing it.

I hate Microsoft Vista with a vengeance. It sucks. It has done my head in, made my hair fall out, destroyed my marriage, created global warming, done genocide. I hate it. My printers do not work, it crashes frequently, freezes every 40 minutes, web cam doesn't work, my statistical packages are screwed, cannot access them. Despite having 4 CPU's and 4 GB of RAM, it runs slower than an arthritic and rheumatic one legged snail. I have reinstalled it all all over again and it still doesnt work properly. Adobe Acrobat dies frequently. My headphone doesnt work. It persists in telling me that I have IRQ conflicts. It keeps on moaning about weird and wonderful services crashing. Logging files are frequently corrupted.

Great paperweight!




All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: