Saturday, October 6

My Boss wants to be my friend on facebook, what should I do?

A very amusing column by the fragrant and very interesting Lucy Kellaway of the Financial Times. You have to read the column to know what was said (both her recommendation and the other responses!) to this very interesting question posed to her:

I work in an advertising agency and my boss (who is quite cool) has just asked to be my friend on Facebook. I feel invaded - I'm passionate about my work but want to keep it separate from the rest of my life. I definitely don't want him spying on what I say to my friends. He has also asked other people in the office who have said Yes and they seem to think it's fine. But I don't want to. Can I say No without damaging my career?

Advertising creative, female, 26

All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: