Thursday, April 3

No Shake Hands, No Talk!

I hope sister Yvonne is listening and bearing in mind the next time she goes to cover the Arab League meetings. Check this out. I quote: (I was laughing my head off)

"In a rare lapse of his trademark diplomacy, Arab League Secretary
General Amr Moussa refused to give an interview to a female TV reporter who
would not shake his hand for religious reasons, press reports said on
Sunday."Manar al-Sabagh, a correspondent for the Hezbollah-affiliated Lebanese
Al Manar TV channel, refused to reciprocate when Moussa extended his hand at the
start of an interview during the Arab Summit in Damascus, Egyptian daily
Al-Masry Al-Youm reported." 'I don't shake hands,' Sabagh told the veteran Arab
diplomat, to which he reportedly replied: 'We'll neither shake hands nor
talk.'"
Source: Al-Arabiya (Saudi-owned, Dubai-based), April 1,
2008


All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: