Sunday, May 4

More on who speaks for Islam

Remember my previous post when I expressed my sorrow that British Muslims and their organisations spend more time in slamming each other? And when they do get together, they spend their time on silly stuff like this. And again it happened. A new organisation has been set up,  British Muslims for Secular Democracy, something that is very creditable indeed, but fairly typically and one could have predicted it, up pops somebody or even here to say that they are not part of Islam or that they do not represent British Muslims. The amusing thing is, who are these guys to say that? whoops, I am not supposed to ask that, am I? Truly tragic. How on earth do the personalities matter? Look at the argument, the communication. Again, fairly typical, and tragically something that is very common.

No comments: