Thursday, September 20

Another bloody European White Elephant

As I was moaning about public investment before, here's another classic example of  a bureaucrat chasing a foolish dream with my money. Why does Europe need another GPS system? Why does the world need another one? And why am I paying for this? and when was this discussed? or even inquired? My MEP never told me about this nor was this discussed in any shape or form with the national parliaments. (I might be wrong, but don't think so!).

It was supposed to be done by private companies, and that's fine, I don't have an issue. But the private companies knew that there is no money to be made, so they went off to the governments and told them to forget about it.
So since the private companies wouldn't invest their capital, why is the EU wanting to invest mine? If the business case didn't stack up for the private companies, how is it that it is stacking up for my tax euro's?

And now, they decided to make a grab for the unused CAP funds. On the other hand, food prices are rising. Talk about stupidity compounded with idiocy.

No comments: