Tuesday, September 25

Islamic Scholars

Just an idle rumination but over the past few years that I have participated in forums where issues related to Islam are discussed, more often than not, the responder will start with or mention, "While I am not an Islamic Scholar, BUT...". I personally have been guilty of this.

My sister has many time upbraided me for this. One does not need to be an Islamic Scholar to talk about Allah and Islam. There is no theological basis for this. In old Christian and Buddhist times, you needed to speak to God through the priests, but not

in Islam. You do not need to be an Islamic Scholar to know your own religion. At end of the day, what matter is your Niyat.

TBS, can you please give the relevant sura's? :)

Update: TBS comes back with: 2:186, "And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way"

Technorati Tags:

No comments: