Tuesday, September 25

turnaround is fair play? - China urges US to give banks licences

I have a rather evil bone in my body. And there is nothing more that tickles that evil funny bone than watching people writhe on their own petards. (I have been there myself many times!).

Now this will immediately make the Americans go up in flames. WHAT? allow the Chinese to open bank branches in USA? Red Commies, enemies, etc. etc. Now I wonder why? You dont have any issue in handing over money to them in return of Santa hats, sanitary napkins, toy figures, benches and fake DVD's, but you have an issue in handing money over to them for giving you money back?

Yeah yeah, I know about banking risk, depositor risk and all that, but surely if a bank from Burkina Faso can open up in USA (not sure if it has but you get the idea!), why cant a Chinese bank? And if you can ask to open a bank in China, why cant they?

Watch this space/topic and chuckle.

All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: