Thursday, November 29

Ahmadinejad is a Zionist Agent!!!! I have it confirmed from an email!

I had a rather interesting debate earlier on a list where this article was circulated. The article was so laughable, missing facts etc. that I found it very amusing, but unfortunately, it went down like a lead balloon. My comments on that when challenged that it was serious is :

#1 Oh! I didn’t realise there was a serious point to this, is there? Would love to hear that as I seem to have missed it. Lets see, some unsubstantiated rumours of him being a Zionist agent, some aspects relating to his politics, some aspects relating to his ministerial career, his wife, Royal, some more of his wife, some trips to morocco, links with Israeli state visits. I found the entire essay very amusing indeed. Obviously written with a tongue firmly in cheek, taking the mickey out of people. There are books out there about the great pyramids and Napoleon as well.

then I was told that there is a point that jews hate Iran. To which I replied

#2 Thanks for that, but I am again not seeing the connection between being a Jew and threatening Iran. See here for example: http://tinyurl.com/36hh59. Jews want to stay in Iran and love Iran. And threatening Iran has a long pedigree in French Foreign Policy. Its explicit support for Iraq is well known. Then again, Kouchner is a hard leftist and a member of a very august organisation who strangely enough, supported the invasion of Iraq. While Sarko didn’t, confusing or what?

Then I was told that I was insulting Muslims. So I responded:

I insulted the views of Canadian Muslims? How so? By laughing at the amusing logic of an Egyptian journalist writing about a French President in an Egyptian Weekly Newspaper about Iran, his wife, riots in France and then further discussing the reaction of Jews (both pro and cons) to Iran? Now I really do not see the connection. You are right mate J. The problem IS with my understanding!

And my final comment in response to probability of Sarko being an ex- Mossad agent was:

Thank you for your comment. I am not ruling out the fact that Sarko could be a Zionist agent. Anything is possible but whether it is probable or not has to be argued. What I found amusing was that the journo started well, and then veered off into a debate and discussion about his wife. What on earth is the connection between that? His personal life? Or why has his inclusion of Muslims in his own cabinet despite vociferous opposition been considered? Or his attempts to dramatically increase investments in the banaleius? Or his proposals to break apart the problems of employment of the black north African Muslims? And so on and so forth? If one has to argue that a President is a Zionist agent, then one has to do better than to point to somebody’s marital problems, exclude huge chunks of current French history (both political and economic), and so on and so forth. And why would we automatically believe that being Jews means that you are antithetical to Iran? I gave a counter example of Jews who love Iran. What exactly is the journalist trying to prove? But that is exactly why I think the journalist (being the international editor of a good Arab newspaper) wrote this in a sarcastic manner and taking the Mickey. Which journalist would write something while excluding so many blindingly obvious facts? No other explanation but that he was being sarcastic! :) That is why I said I found it amusing. But let us let it pass, if he meant it in earnest, then I am curious because it does not square with too many facts. If he meant it in amusement, then well, I chuckled. Have a great weekend folks!

Then again Indymedia seems to have published this story from that paragon of Journalistic Accuracy, PressTV (Its an Iranian Government Owned propaganda rag, i mean, it hired Yvonne Ridley, lol, how pathetic can you get???, and that tells you the standards of that outlet). That outlet, is not only staff challenged but is also linguistically challenged. It tried to translate this story from Le Figaro. Now, how on earth it managed to trace the Le Figaro story to saying that,

French daily Le Figaro has revealed the French leader once worked for the Zionist regime as a sayan, Hebrew for 'collaborator'. Ex-Mossad agent Victor Ostrovsky says sayans, who perform many roles, are Jewish citizens of other nationalities assisting Mossad. Le Figaro claimed that French police officials managed to keep secret a letter, which exposed Sarkozy's past participation in espionage activities for Mossad. The letter fixed Sarkozy's alleged spying activities as far back as 1983

All this hoo haa seems to be based upon an email sent from an internet cafe which has no corresponding proof or corroborating evidence. And THIS is what is getting people excited?
Well, I suppose conspiracy theorists will blame the zionists for a wrongful translation! :) (you can use this site to get a translation of the Le Figaro article)

BTW: I got a unsigned email from an internet cafe whichI am going to send to IndyMedia and Al Ahram that President Ahmadinejad is actually a Zionist agent because he is obviously taking Iran in a direction to be nuked and is ruining Iran's economy. Sufficient proof, eh?

All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: