Friday, November 30

Sudanese demand the death penalty for teddy bear teacher

So the Sudanese now want the death penalty on the teacher. I quote:

According to some agencies, some of the protesters chanted: "Shame, shame on the UK", "No tolerance - execution" and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad".
One demonstrator told reporters that it was unacceptable to take a toy and call it Muhammad.
"We can't accept it from anybody. Even if they can do that in Europe, they cannot do it here in Sudan. We ask our rulers and judges to review what they have said. Fifteen days is not enough."


So who is right? If you look at the reactions, most of the Muslims here in the UK think that the Sudanese dont know Islam or Sharia. Are we saying that we cannot interfere in freedom of religion? on what basis are we going to interfere? Do you say that this is based upon the Universal Principles of Human Rights? But that seems to violate the religious rights of the Sudanese, no?

I know, i am being a devil's advocate here, but well, I have yet to hear anybody say that the Sudanese are wrong, they do not know their Islam and Sharia, and "this" is right. Funny, no? And the reason why I am being pushy is because I am seeing the same problem with Islamic Finance. Now let me drop the huge clanger.

Standardisation of Islamic Sharia Financial Principles will happen very soon (I am reviewing the FSA document and will post my review soon). Now if that does happen, then because Islam is a total philosophy, rest of civil and personal law will be dragged into it and standardisation of Islam will take place.

You laugh at me? Just you wait, Professor Higgins.


All this to be taken with a grain of piquant salt!!!

No comments: